Friday, November 1, 2013

Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarian and Happy Birthday Wishes


"In silence he formed out of the cobwebs of the gilded crown molding near the ceiling, the dust motes of desolation, and the tiny bits and pieces of the mortal world rushed together to form him."
"Bring to me my Cobweb Bride. Bring her to the gates of Death's Keep that stands in the Northern Forest. Only then will I grant relief and resume taking your kind unto me. Until then, none shall die."
With these words, Death makes his wish clear, his Cobweb Bride shall be brought to him before he shall allow those mortals to pass away. At first, the world pauses and holds it's breath. Those mortally wounded linger, in pain.
Percy's grandmother lies dying, but unable to pass away. She joins the other unwanted girls in going North to become Death's Cobweb Bride. She does so knowing she may not return, but that she will give her grandmother relief and save her favored sisters from a harsh fate. Along her journey North, she encounters the Emperor's Daughter, recently murdered and accompanied by her murderer as she comes to become The Cobweb Bride. Stalking their party is the Black Knight, tasked to prevent girls from entering Death's Keep by his undead father. The world waits as Death awaits his Cobweb Bride.

This novel takes place in a strange, but familiar medieval world. Readers feel right at home in this world. The beginning of the book is a little difficult, the starting of epic stories can be a hard thing to do. However, once this story is off, it immediately flies off the page. Amazing is the word that comes to mind. This book left me thinking about it long after I finished. I can't recommend it enough!!

And right now, it's free at Amazon!!! I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley.





And now, Happy Birthday to my fabulous, wonderful mother! I love you mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment