Friday, March 6, 2015

The Marriage Game by Alison Weir

Beginning with Elizabeth's ascension to the crown, this novel takes readers through the diplomatic entanglements of finding the Virgin Queen a husband. Wooed by many, both at home and abroad, Elizabeth is determined to be her own master. Her country, councilors and foreign princes all desire to see Elizabeth married off. But Elizabeth is nothing but her father's daughter and firmly refuses. Going behind the scenes, readers are allowed into Elizabeth's life public and private life.


This was a good book. I haven't read it's prequel, The Lady Elizabeth, but I would love to now. I loved the dynamic between Elizabeth and her sweet Robin, but I also loved Anjou. I liked how Weir nailed how sought after Elizabeth was. It was a great book!


Thanks to the publisher for a review copy.

2 comments: