Monday, November 7, 2016

Bohemian Gospel by Dana Chamblee Carpenter

Mouse is a girl alone. She sees visons, but is unsure of what she is. Though she lives in a monastary, she has no family, only a small link to her past. Her mentor, Father Lucas, taught her to heal; she employs this gift when she saves Young King Ottakar from a battle wound. Their trust seems immediate and Mouse goes to court with him to help save him from his insane father who is trying to kill him. Things deepen and Mouse finds herself involved with Ottakar. But Mouse has a different calling.

This book starts a little slow, but picks up very quickly. I liked Mouse, but I didn't totally relate to her, something I think that the author did on purpose. The plot was interesting, and didn't follow the normal course. The end is a little different, but once again, I think that it was intentional. I enjoyed this book even though it was out of my wheelhouse.

Thank you to the publisher for a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment