Wednesday, July 18, 2012

White Heart by Sherry Jones

Blanche of Castile is a woman used to power. Granddaughter of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Blanche learned much at the knee of her grandmother. When she is widowed, she learns that a woman's power doesn't always lie in her beauty as her Grandmother taught her. Blanche must prove her pure heart and fight for the throne of France. Her cunning nature and her determination make her a formidable force as she fights for the Crown of France.

Jones balances Blanche's strengths against her foe's weaknesses. Readers will be amazed as the beautiful Blanche becomes a lion for her son and France. While almost heartless and extremely harsh in her actions, one can easily sympathize with the embattled Blanche. While Blanche remains the villainess that history remembers her as, I enjoyed seeing the world through Blanche's eyes.

Very Great novella!!


I received this book from the generous author.

4 comments:

  1. awwww, I want to read this! I always wanted to know more about her and see her POV. History wasn't too kind to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a short, but really good read. I think its like 40 print pages!! No, history wasn't kind to her. But I would have hated to have her for a MIL!!!

    Still trying to get around on the network. Life has been running me ragged!! Once it slows down, I'll hit you up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read this and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete