Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blood between Queens by Barbra Kyle

Justine Thornleigh has been raised as the ward and niece of Baron Thornleigh. But she is actually a rival Grenville, orphaned when her catholic father attempted to overthrow protestant Elizabeth. When she learns of this, she is eager to prove herself a true Thornleigh and win her distant cousin Will's love. When Queen Elizabeth tasks Justine with spying on Mary, Queen of Scots, Justine must accept. The Scottish Queen inspires sympathy in Justine. People knowing Justine's true past also begin to haunt her present. Will Justine become traitorous like her father or prove herself to be a loyal Thornleigh.

I hadn't read the first Four Thornleigh books, so I worried about this being too tied in with the previous books to be readable. I am pleased to report this is a perfect stand alone book. The story was a good one. I loved how Justine was trying to find out who she really is. Her story fit in perfectly with history, even though it's fiction. This book made me want to go back and read the rest of the books. I really enjoyed it.

Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a review copy.


2 comments:

  1. You know if Elizabeth and Mary teamed up they would've been a force to be reckoned with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. But wanting the same thing tore them apart.

    ReplyDelete