Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Determined Heart by Antoinette May

Mary Godwin, Daughter of authors and free thinkers William Godwin and Mary Wollstonecraft, is raised unconventionally. Her stepmother abhors her, her father loves her but is constantly worried about money and bills. When she meets Percy Bysshe Shelly, Mary finds herself falling in love with the free Bysshe. Soon, their love leads them to abandon their lives, including his wife and children. As their life together begins, life for others is irrevocably changed.

I had never read about Mary Shelly or Percy Bysshe Shelly. They proved to be an interesting couple. I found myself sympathizing with Mary a lot of the time. While I liked Bysshe, I also found myself liking the other characters that came into their lives. It was a very good book. Very enjoyable!
Thanks to the publisher for a review copy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment