Monday, October 17, 2016

The 13th Tale by Diane Setterfield

The reclusive author Vida Winter scandalized readers when she released a collection of 13 tales that only included 12. Now, at the end of her life, she longs for the truth and commissions Margaret Lea to write her biography. Margaret, feeling the pain of secrecy within her family, finds a kindred spirit in Ms. Winter. As Margaret pulls the truth from Ms. Winter, the truth becomes crazier.

This book isn't like most of the books I've read. A story within a story is the most accurate description. I loved how Margaret and Ms. Winter were so different, but were alike in many ways. I enjoyed sleuthing along with Margaret, as well. This was a really good book and I enjoyed it a lot.

I purchased this book from Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment