Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Forever Amber Part III

After the death of her husband, Amber is free to be back at court. There she becomes Charles' Mistress and an integral part of Court. Forever Amber, she schemes and plots her way to the top. As her fame increases, so does her fortune. But all her money won't buy her the desire of her heart, Lord Carlton. After a long absence in America, Bruce is back in London. Along with him is the rival Amber always feared. Who will win?

In this part, I still love and hate Amber. She has a total lack of regard for anyone around her, except those who benefit her. But she makes for an interesting story. I can understand Amber's jealousy and it makes her more human. But her hysterics make her annoying to those around her and myself. In my head, I keep thinking " I wish I knew how to quit you." The end of the story is ironic and left me with a smile on my face that probably matched Amber's.

While I didn't love this book, it was entertaining. Should you read it, set aside plenty of time for this chunk of a book!

Here are the links to my Part I and Part II reviews!!

No comments:

Post a Comment