Friday, August 28, 2015

The May Bride by Suzannah Dunn

Young Jane Seymour is pleased when her older brother Edward marries the lovely Katherine Filliol. At first, the love match seems perfect. After the birth of two boys and a long absence, Edward makes a shocking allegation against Katherine and has her sent to a convent. The shocked Jane is sent to serve Queen Catherine. At court, she once again witnesses a wife set aside. And another, when she finally becomes Queen Jane. 

I found this book to be well written and well researched. I had never heard of Katherine Filliol, but found myself feeling the same as Jane. I loved how Jane was able to feel the change in her environment. I also enjoyed Katherine too. If you're looking for a book that focuses on Jane and Henry, keep looking. If you're looking for a good book, pick this one up.

Thanks to the publisher for a review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment