Monday, October 26, 2015

The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell

 


Uhtred, son of Uhtred of Begganburg is taken hostage by Earl Ragnar the Fearless after his father's death on the battlefield. Spared by Ragnar due to his fierceness and lack of fear, he grows up to be a surrogate son of the Danish warrior, learning the ways of warfare and the Danish religion. Uhtred soon finds himself on the other side of the fence, fighting for Alfred, who will be remembered as The Great.
I loved this novel. I picked it up to tie into the series and it did so really well. I ripped though it, as you don't want to put it down. Uhtred is great; cocky, young and full of desire. The other characters are amazing, complex and well written. I did find myself wanting to tell Uhtred to stay Danish, but I know him being Saxon will prolong the story. Here's to Uthred and this amazing series!

I got this book from the library via Lib2go. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment