Monday, September 15, 2014

The King's Hounds by Martin Jensen

The year is 1018 and Cnut sits on the united English throne. Halfdan, the half Danish son of an English lord is down on his luck. Stripped of his lands, he wanders the Kingdom living off theft and charm. He intends to rob Winston,  a former monk and illustrator, but ends up saving his life. Winston invites Halfway to accompany him as a strong arm to Oxford to see the King. The duo arrives in Oxford and are tasked by Cnut to solve a murder. As a Dane and Englishman, no one can question their justice. But will the duo live to see the light of another day.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the chemistry between Winston and Halfdan. The story is action packed and very quick. The setting seemed real. I enjoyed the humor, banter and dialogue. I do wish Cnut had been portrayed more.
As a resounding recommendation, I purchased the next book in the series after finishing the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment