Monday, March 16, 2015

Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb

Camille Claudel is a budding sculptor when she meets Auguste Rodin. They become passionate and tempetous lovers. But the passion for art and life always stands in the way of their love. Their two lives, as intertwined as their works, are destined to be remembered for eternity. 

I had never heard of Camille, and I was barely aware of Rodin before this novel. I was immediately immersed in their Paris world. I adored Camille, and her fierce fragility. Rodin was harder to understand, with his love for another. Overall, this was an amazing and heartbreaking book.
Thank you to the publisher for a review copy.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around and now I think I'll have to add it to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, It was really good. Its not fluffy, but a really good read!

    ReplyDelete