Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Rare Objects by Kathleen Tessaro

Maeve Fanning, a daughter of a widowed Irish Immigrant living in Boston, has just been released from a mental institution following an ill-fated flight to New York. Returning home, she finds nothing has changed, her longing for freedom and a different life drives her to take a job at a eclectic antique shop. While making a delivery, she finds a friend from the hospital is actually the ridiculously rich Diana Van der Laar. Maeve is pursued by Diana's playboy brother, and sucked into Diana's world before she knows what is happening.

This book was really good. The historical part of it wasn't too overwhelming and I feel that this book could have been about current times. Maeve was an amazing character, but she has terrible decision making skills. Awful. I liked her, but her ability to reason was unnerving. I also grew to like Diana, which surprised me. The plot led down where I thought it would, but there were some definite surprises. The book was a really good read and I enjoyed it.

Thank you to the publisher for a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment